|Full Name||Ms. Martha Kovack|
|Address||Barrie, Ontario L4N 8T5|
|Phone Number||(705) 722-7745|
- Reading/literacy specialist (including tutor)
|Structured Literacy Training|
||Training Program/Course name
||# hours coursework
||# hours practicum
|Scottish Rite Charitable Foundation of Canada
||Initial Training Course and Practicum in the Orton-Gillingham Approach
|Canadian Dyslexia Society
||Practical Linguistics Certified Teacher
- Provincial Teaching License
|Specify Other Certifications (list)|
- Scottish Rite Charitable Foundation - Remedial Tutoring for Dyslexia 2014
- Canadian Dyslexia Society - Orton Gillingham Teacher 2014
|Professional Services Offered|
|Instructional services (areas of instruction/intervention/remediation)|
- Teacher/therapist training
|Instructional approaches/programs used|
- Structured Literacy/Orton-Gillingham approach
|Populations/age groups served|
- Elementary school age
- Private clinic/office
- Will travel to another location (eg. library, school)
10 years of experience with Orton-Gillingham approaches.
30 years of teaching experience.
20 years of experience with early literacy training/workshops for educators and families.
Offering Introduction to Orton-Gillingham Courses for educators who would like to incorporate OG approaches into their programs, or for individual tutors/teachers.
Please visit http://www.soundreaders.com/ (click on Early Literacy Specialist Martha Kovack) for a bio and list of education/training/experiences.