TWO COURSES: Project Read Framing Your ThoughtsTM
Sentence Structure & Paragraph Writing
ONBIDA is excited to partner again with Language Circle Enterprises to offer the online webinar/training “Framing Your ThoughtsTM Sentence Structure”. This summer we are also pleased to offer the second course of the series "Framing Your ThoughtsTM Paragraph Writing” We are pleased to offer these courses at a special discount for Canadian educators.
The Framing Your Thoughts® program is centered on a sequential and systematic method of instruction designed to help students write and arrange accurate and creative sentences and paragraphs. This sequential and multisensory program is part of the Project Read® curriculum, a research-based language arts program.
The "Sentence Structure" course is approximately 6 hours and the Paragraph Writing course is approximately 4 hours. You will have access to the course(s) for two weeks of your choice with a start date anytime during the viewing periods (Sentence Structure - February 1-28, 2020; Paragraph Writing - March 1-31, 2020). You must order the required course materials in advance, directly from Language Circle Enterprises, allowing enough time for delivery from the U.S.
1. Sentence Structure course (February 1-28, 2020)
Framing Your Thoughts® Sentence Structure uses unique graphic symbols to develop sentence knowledge and editing skills.
- Uses 8 graphics symbols to build accurate, creative, meaningful sentences.
- Blends creative freedom with direct multisensory skill instruction.
- Includes punctuation and capitalization
- Promotes strong editing skills.
- Inspires and energizes students as they learn the fundamentals of writing.
- Framing Your Thoughts™ Sentence Structure Guide
- Instructions for accessing additional online videos
- Writing Symbol Card Pack
- Active Participation Packet
2. Paragraph Writing (March 1-31, 2020)
Framing Your Thoughts® Paragraph Writing program transfers knowledge of sentence structure to paragraph development for both informational and narrative text.
- 5 Kinds of Paragraph Development
- Multi-Paragraph Compositions
- Narrative Text Writing
- Unique Graphic Organizers
- Editing Process to Encourage Independent Writing
- Paragraph Writing Guide
- Active Participation Packet
- Course fee: CAD $50 (members); CAD $75 (non-members) PER COURSE payable to ONBIDA.
Click here for information on becoming a member of ONBIDA.
- Materials fee*: payable to Language Circle Enterprises Inc:
- Sentence Structure USD $228+ + import taxes (in CAD$) (+USD $180 for materials, plus USD $48 shipping fee).
- Paragraph Writing USD $161++ import taxes (in CAD$) (+USD $113 for materials, plus USD $48 shipping fee). *NOTE: If you register for both courses and order the materials at the same time, the materials/shipping fee will be USD $340 (save USD $49 compared to ordering separately).
*Note - the total cost will vary depending on the USD-CAD exchange rate at the time of order, and applicable taxes must be paid to Canada Post upon delivery. For instance, in Ontario 13% HST will apply on the materials fee. Click here for a table of tax rates by province. It is our understanding that there will be no duty on the books/cards.
HOW THE COURSES WILL WORK (please read carefully!):
- First, you must click on the button(s) below to REGISTER with ONBIDA for the course(s) you are interested in (and pay the course fee in CDN $).
- If you want to register for both courses, you must register for each one separately. If you arrange for shipping of materials for both courses at the same time, the materials/shipping cost will be cheaper (see note above).
- Contact Language Circle Enterprises and arrange for payment and shipping of materials. Details will be provided when you register with ONBIDA. YOU SHOULD PROBABLY ALLOW 2 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY OF THE MATERIALS FROM LANGUAGE CIRCLE ENTERPRISES PRIOR TO TAKING THE ONLINE WEBINAR.
- The Sentence Structure course will be offered between February 1-28, 2020, and The Paragraph Writing course will be offered between March 1-31, 2020.
- When you have received the materials, contact Language Circle Enterprises to get the link to the course. Once you have the link, you have 2 weeks from that day to complete the course. You can watch the webinar on your own schedule within that 2 week period. It is not necessary (or recommended) to watch the 6 hours at one time.
Questions? Email email@example.com