Sentence Structure & Paragraph Writing
Online teacher training programs
by Project Read - Framing Your ThoughtsTM
STAY TUNED FOR FUTURE COURSE OFFERINGS - LIKELY SUMMER 2021.
IDA Ontario frequently partners with Language Circle Enterprises to offer two online Framing Your ThoughtsTM webinar/training courses: 1) Sentence Structure and 2) Paragraph Writing. We are pleased to offer these courses at a special discount for Canadian educators.
The Framing Your Thoughts® program is centered on a sequential and systematic method of instruction designed to help students write and arrange accurate and creative sentences and paragraphs. This sequential and multisensory program is part of the Project Read® curriculum, a research-based language arts program.
The "Sentence Structure" course is approximately 6 hours and the Paragraph Writing course is approximately 4 hours. You will have access to the course(s) for two weeks of your choice with a start date anytime from February 1 to March 31, 2021.
After registering and paying the course fee with IDA Ontario, you must order and pay for the required course materials in advance, directly from Language Circle Enterprises, allowing enough time for delivery from the U.S. *Please note that shipping times with Canada Post are currently unpredictable and often significantly longer than normal, so allow lots of time for delivery.
1. Sentence Structure course (6 hrs)
Framing Your Thoughts® Sentence Structure uses unique graphic symbols to develop sentence knowledge and editing skills.
- Uses 8 graphics symbols to build accurate, creative, meaningful sentences.
- Blends creative freedom with direct multisensory skill instruction.
- Includes punctuation and capitalization
- Promotes strong editing skills.
- Inspires and energizes students as they learn the fundamentals of writing.
- Framing Your Thoughts™ Sentence Structure Guide
- Instructions for accessing additional online videos
- Writing Symbol Card Pack
- Active Participation Packet
2. Paragraph Writing (4 hrs)
Framing Your Thoughts® Paragraph Writing program transfers knowledge of sentence structure to paragraph development for both informational and narrative text.
- 5 Kinds of Paragraph Development
- Multi-Paragraph Compositions
- Narrative Text Writing
- Unique Graphic Organizers
- Editing Process to Encourage Independent Writing
- Paragraph Writing Guide
- Active Participation Packet
- Course fee payable to IDA Ontario: $50 CAD (IDA Ontario members); $75 CAD (non-members) PER COURSE
Click here for information on becoming a member of IDA Ontario.
- Materials fee payable to Language Circle Enterprises Inc:
- Sentence Structure $232+ USD + import taxes (in CAD$) (+ $180 USD for materials, plus $52 USD shipping fee).
- Paragraph Writing $165++USD import taxes (in CAD$) (+$113 USD for materials, plus $52 USD shipping fee).
If you register for both courses and order the materials at the same time, the materials+shipping fee will be $345 USD (save $52 USD compared to ordering separately).
Note - the total cost will vary depending on the USD-CAD exchange rate at the time of order, and applicable taxes must be paid to Canada Post upon delivery. For instance, in Ontario 13% HST will apply to the materials fee. Click here for a table of tax rates by province. It is our understanding that there will be no duty on the books/cards.
HOW IT WORKS - READ CAREFULLY!
- Complete the form below to REGISTER and PAY for the course(s) with IDA Ontario. The course registration fee is in CAD $.
- Contact Language Circle Enterprises and arrange for payment and shipping of materials (in US $). Details will be provided in the registration confirmation email. If you arrange for the shipping of materials for both courses at the same time, the materials/shipping cost will be cheaper (see the note above). Shipping time is typically less than two weeks, BUT THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE BECAUSE OF Covid-19, so please allow more time for shipping. You must have the materials from Language Circle Enterprises before taking the online webinar(s).
- When you have received the materials, contact Language Circle Enterprises to get the link to the course and specify the two-week period(s) between Feb 1 - March 31, 2021, during which you would like to have access to the course(s).
- You can watch the webinar course(s) on your own schedule within the 2 week period(s). It is not necessary (or recommended) to watch the entire webinar at one time. If you would like to take both courses, we recommend you select two different two-week periods so you have enough time to do the courses.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org