Families needed for SickKids Hospital (Toronto) research study on the genetics of reading disabilities
Who can apply?
Children aged 6 to 16 who struggle with reading, and their parents.
1. Eligibility screening.
2. Eligible families come to SickKids hospital in Toronto for one full day of study participation, involving the following:
- Psycho-educational assessment for the child
- Parent interviews and questionnaires
- Blood sample from child and parents
3. Following participation, families will receive a detailed report describing the results of their child’s psycho-educational assessment, which may be helpful with educational planning.
How do I apply?
Contact Kirsten Blokland, PhD:
email@example.com (please note spelling), or 416-813-8207.
The study is recruiting participants until January 2019, and possibly beyond.
This study is funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.