IDA Dyslexia Handbook - What Every Family Should Know. International Dyslexia Association. 2014. This handbook contains information about the characteristics of dyslexia, what it is and what it isn’t, assessment of dyslexia, effective teaching approaches, self-advocacy ideas and a vast array of resources. The handbook contains information that will be useful throughout a child’s life, from elementary school through college.
Dyslexia in the Classroom What Every Teacher Needs to Know. International Dyslexia Association. 2013.
Identifying and teaching children and young people with dyslexia and literacy difficulties. An independent report from Sir Jim Rose to the Secretary of State for Children, Schools, and Families, U.K. 2009.
Books by the International Dyslexia Association
These books are available through the bookstore on IDA's website. Prices on the US IDA website are in U.S. dollars and you must contact them for shipping to Canada. You can also purchase them directly at ONBIDA events such as our annual conference. Prices for these books on Amazon and other booksellers are often much higher.
|Basic Facts About Dyslexia
by Louisa Cook Moats, Karen E. Dakin
|Basic Facts about Assessment of Dyslexia: Testing for Teachers
by Lowell, Fulton & Hook
Other books (with links to Amazon)
What is Dyslexia? - a Ted-Talk by Kelly Sandman-Hurley.
Dr. Nadine Gaab (IDA Conference 2018) talking about dyslexia, early screening, and intervention.
- Why we need to name dyslexia: BBC interview with Professor Maggie Snowling
- The Reading League (including a Youtube channel)
- Reading Rockets (including a Youtube channel)
- Upcoming IDA Ontario webinars
- Previous IDA Ontario webinars
- International Dyslexia Association (IDA) webinars
- IDA Upper Mid-West Branch webinars (upcoming and previous)
- IDA Southern California Tri-Council Branch webinars
- Learning Ally webinars
- AIM Institute Access to the Experts Series (many are available via live-streaming)
- AIM Institute Annual Symposium (live-streaming available; recorded sessions from previous symposiums are also available)